A Study of Version Control for Collaborative CAD
Version control is the prerequisite of collaborative product development environment, which, in its turn, has attracted increasing attention of CAD/CAM engineers. We aim to present our research results on a strategy of supporting evolution of versions in a collaborative environment. The strategy we provide is consists of a functional model which make application developing more easier, a deployment model in which a Version Management Unit is the deploying cell and a communication agent is included to exchange version information, a storage model which support that version information is saved in space of personal, group or global respectively. The topics discussed also in this paper are definition of version status, the transform of version status, the storage location of version and corresponding version operations.
Keywordscollaboration version control model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Youshu, Q., Yongsheng, Y., Huagong, C.: Categorizing of Versions in Engineering Design and a Data Model for Management of Product Versions. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology 26(8) (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Meilin, S.: Computer Supported Collaborative Work- Theory and Practice (12), 277 (2000), ISBN 7-5053-6293-3 TP 3398 Google Scholar
- 3.Jian, C., Youliang, Z., Haiyang, Z.: Version Management for Collaborative Design. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, CIMS (6), 16–20 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Haskin, R.L., Lorie, R.A.: On extending the functions of a relational database system. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD Conference, May 1982, pp. 207–212. ACM, New York (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.Mcleod, D., Narayanaswamy, K., Bapa Rao, K.: An approach to information management for CAD/VLST applications. In: Proceedings of the SIGMOD conference on Databases for Engineering Applications, San Jose,Calif, May 1983, pp. 39–50. ACM, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 6.Laddis, G.S.: Design evolution and history in an object-oriented CAD/CAM database. In: proceedings of the 31st COMPCON Conference, San Francisco, Calif., March 1986, pp. 297–305 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Chou, H., Kim, W.: A unifying framework for version control in a CAD environment. In: proceedings of the 12th VLDB Conference, Kyoto, Japan, August 1986, pp. 336–346 (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Vines, P., Vines, D., King, T.: Configuration and change control in GAIA, September 1988. ACM, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 9.Qianping, W., Zongkai, L., Yuchai, G.: Version Control OF EDBMS for Computer Supported Cooperative Design. Journal of Software 7(11) (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Qianping, W.: Path Based Version Management and Implementation for EDBMS. Journal of Computer Aided Design & Computer Graphics 9(2) (March 1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Pengcheng, Z., Renhou, L., Ming, Q., Xinhua, G.: Strategy of the Document Management in Computer Supported Cooperative Design. Computer Engineering and Applications 4, 201–203 (2003)Google Scholar