A Study on Speech with Manifest Emotions
We present a study of the prosody – seen in a broader sense – that supports the theory of the interrelationship function of speech. “Pure emotions” are meant to show a relationship of the speaker with the general context. The analysis goes beyond the basic prosody, as related to pitch trajectory; namely, the analysis also aims to determine the change in higher formants. The refinement in the analysis asks for improved tools. Methodological aspects are discussed, including a discussion of the limitations of the currently available tools. Some conclusions are drawn.
KeywordsEmotional Speech Romanian Language Emotional Prosody Romanian Academy Neutral Tone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Buluti, M., Narayanan, S.S., Syrdal, A.K.: Expressive speech synthesis using a concatenative synthesizer (accessed may 9, 2006), http://sail.usc.edu/publications/BulutNarayananSyrdal.pdf
- 3.https://nats-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/intern/proceedings/2004/LREC/pdf/41.pdf (accessed May 9, 2006)
- 4.Iriondo, I., et al.: Validation of an acoustical modelling of emotional expression in Spanish using speech synthesis techniques (accessed July 01, 2006), http://serpens.salleurl.edu/intranet/pdf/239.pdf
- 5.Engberg, I.S., Hansen, A.V.: Documentation of the Danish Emotional Speech Databasehttp (accessed July 01, 2006), kom.aau.dk/~tb/speech/Emotions/des.pdf
- 6.http://pascal.kgw.tu-berlin.de/emodb/ (accessed July 01, 2006)
- 7.Teodorescu, H.N.: A proposed theory in prosody generation and perception: the multi-dimensional contextual integration principle of prosody. In: Burileanu, C. (Coordinator), Trends in Speech Technology, pp. 109–118. Romanian Academy Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Loscos, A., Bonada, J.: Emulating rough and growl voice in spectral domain. In: Proc. of the 7th Int. Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFX-04), Naples, Italy, October 5-8, 2004 (accessed November 12, 2006), http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/publications/DAFX04-aloscos.pdf
- 9.Sun, X.: Pitch determination and voice quality analysis using subharmonic-to-harmonic ratio (accessed November 12, 2006), http://www.ling.northwestern.edu/~jbp/sun/sun02pitch.pdf
- 11.Teodorescu, H.N., Feraru, M., Trandabat, D.: Studies on the Prosody of the Romanian Language: The Emotional Prosody and the Prosody of Double-Subject Sentences. In: Burileanu, C., Teodorescu, H.N. (eds.) Advances in Spoken Language Technology, Editura Academiei Române, pp. 171–182 (2007) ISBN 978-973-27-1516-1Google Scholar
- 12.Teodorescu, H.N., Feraru, M.: Trandabat, Nonlinear assessment of the professional voice pleasantness, Biosignal, June 28-30, 2006, Brno, Czech Republic, pp. 63–66 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Ordelman, R., Poel, M., Heylen, D.: Emotion annotation in the AMI Project. In: Extended Abstract–Humaine Workshop, Paris, March 2005 (accessed May 9, 2006), http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~heylen/Publicaties/emo-anno-REV.pdf