Intelligent Real-Time Fabric Defect Detection
This paper presents real-time fabric defect detection based in intelligent techniques. Neural networks (NN), fuzzy modeling (FM) based on product-space fuzzy clustering and adaptive network based fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) were used to obtain a clearly classification for defect detection. Their implementation requires thresholding its output, and based in previous studies a confusion matrix based optimization is used to obtain the threshold. Experimental results for real fabric defect detection were obtained from the experimental apparatus presented in the paper, that showed the usefulness of the three intelligent techniques, although the NN has a faster performance. Online implementation of the algorithms showed they can be easily implemented with commonly available resources and may be adapted to industrial applications without great effort.
KeywordsDefect Detection Fuzzy Modeling Fuzzy Inference System Fuzzy Cluster Confusion Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mitropoulos, P., Koulamas, C., Stojanovic, R., Koubias, S., Papadopoulos, G., Karagiannis, G.: A real-time vision system for defect detection and neural classification of web textile fabric. In: Proccedings of the SPIE Electronic Imaging. Machine Vision Applications in Industrial Inspection VII, vol. 3652, pp. 59–69 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Tuceryan, M., Jain, A.K.: Texture analysis. In: Handbook of pattern recognition & computer vision, pp. 235–276. World Scientific Publishing Co., Inc., River Edge, NJ (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Stojanovic, R., Mitropulos, P.: Automated detection and neural classification of local defects in textile web (Conf. Publ. No. 465). In: IPA 1999. Proceedings of the IEE 7th Internanional Conference on Image Processing and its Applications, Manchester, 1999, vol. 2, pp. 647–651 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Karayiannis, G., Stojanovic, R., Mitropoulos, P., Koulamas, C., Stouraitis, T., Koubias, S., Papadopoulos, G.: Defect detection and classification on web textile fabric using multiresolution decomposition and neural networks. In: Proceedings on the 6th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, pp. 765–768. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Sobral, J.L.: Leather inspection based on wavelets. In: Marques, J.S., Pérez de la Blanca, N., Pina, P. (eds.) IbPRIA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3523, p. 682. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Kumar, A.: Neural network based detection of local textile defects. Pattern Recognition Letters 36(7), 1645–1659 (2003)Google Scholar
- 17.Gustafson, D.E., Kessel, W.C.: Fuzzy clustering with a fuzzy covariance matrix. In: Proceedings IEEE CDC, San Diego, pp. 761–766. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1979)Google Scholar
- 19.Matrox: Matrox Imaging Library User Guide. 6.1 edn. (2000)Google Scholar