Algorithms for Computing the Longest Parameterized Common Subsequence
In this paper, we revisit the classic and well-studied longest common subsequence (LCS) problem and study some new variants, first introduced and studied by Rahman and Iliopoulos [Algorithms for Computing Variants of the Longest Common Subsequence Problem, ISAAC 2006]. Here we define a generalization of these variants, the longest parameterized common subsequence (LPCS) problem, and show how to solve it in O(n 2) and Open image in new window time. Furthermore, we show how to compute two variants of LCS, RELAG and RIFIG in Open image in new window time.
KeywordsEdit Distance Longe Common Subsequence Longe Common Subsequence Empty Queue Longe Common Subsequence Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arlazarov, V.L., Dinic, E.A., Kronrod, M.A., Faradzev, I.A.: On economic construction of the transitive closure of a directed graph (english translation). Soviet Math. Dokl. 11, 1209–1210 (1975)Google Scholar
- 2.Baker, B.S.: Parameterized diff. In: Symposium of Discrete Algorithms (SODA), pp. 854–855 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Bergroth, L., Hakonen, H., Raita, T.: A survey of longest common subsequence algorithms. In: String Processing and Information Retrieval (SPIRE), pp. 39–48. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Cormen, T.H., Leiserson, C.E., Rivest, R.L.: Introduction to algorithms. MIT Press, McGraw Hill, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Crochemore, M., Landau, G.M., Ziv-Ukelson, M.: A sub-quadratic sequence alignment algorithm for unrestricted cost matrices. In: Symposium of Discrete Algorithms (SODA), pp. 679–688 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Iliopoulos, C.S., Rahman, M.S.: Algorithms for computing variants of the longest common subsequence problem. Theoretical Computer Science (to appear)Google Scholar
- 12.Levenshtein, V.I.: Binary codes capable of correcting deletions, insertions, and reversals. Problems in Information Transmission 1, 8–17 (1965)Google Scholar