Building Large Scale 3D Face Database for Face Analysis
We propose to build a large scale 3D face database with dense correspondence for variant face analysis research purposes. Large scale means that the number of subjects in the database is more than 400, which is, to our best knowledge, the biggest one at this time. 3D face means that we provide both the texture and shape of human faces, which is also balanced in gender and race. Dense correspondence means that the key facials points with semantic meanings are carefully labeled and aligned among different faces, which can be used for a broad range of face analysis tasks. We provide the data description, data collection schema and the post-processing methods to help the usage of the data and future extension. More and more data is still being collected and processed to enlarge the extensive 3D face database. The proposed face database provides solid ground truth for human face related tasks such as alignment, tracking, recognition and animation, etc.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goh, R., Liu, L., Liu, X., Chen, T.: The CMU Fac. In Action (FIA) Database. In: The Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Workshop on Analysis and Modeling of Face and Gestures, in conjunction with the 2005 International Conference of Computer Vision (ICCV ’05), Beijing, China (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Moreno, A.B., Sanchez, A.: GavabDB: A 3D Face Database. In: Proc. 2nd COST275 Workshop on Biometrics on the Internet, Vigo (Spain) (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Blanz, V., Vetter, T.: A Morphable Model for the Synthesis of 3D Faces. In: SIGGRAPH’99 Conference Proceedings, pp. 187–194 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.USF DARPA HumanID 3D Face Database, Courtesy of Prof. Sudeep Sarkar, University of South FloridaGoogle Scholar
- 8.The BJUT-3D Large-Scale Chinese Face Database, Technical Report of The Multimedia and Intelligent Software Technology Beijing Municipal Key Laboratory in Beijing University of Technology (2005)Google Scholar