Evaluation Method of e-Learning Materials by α-Wave and β-Wave of EEG
In e-Learning study, the materials are the only environment. Therefore, the influence which these have on a students’ emotion has big influence on progress of study. The purpose of this study, from a standpoint of making easyto- follow e-Learning materials, is to construct the foundation for a methodology to evaluate the materials from emotional aspect. At first we re-corded the basic EEG during mental calculation. Second, we tested two different levels of materials which had 3 important learning points. We recorded subjects’ EEG, then analyzed and compared with the basic EEGs. The result suggested us that at the learning point, where the α-wave power was greater than the basic one and the β-wave was less than it , the content was not able to understand.
KeywordsEvaluation Point Instructional Design Difficulty Level Verbal Report Occipital Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nakayama, M., Shimizu, Y.: Research. Trend on Educa tional Evaluation of Learning Behaviors with Biological Information. Jpn. J. Educ. Technol. 24, 15–21 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Okuma, T., M.D.: Clinical Electroencephalography, 5th edn. Igaku Shoin Ltd, Tokyo (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Iwata, M., Ohigashi, Y., Kato, M., Tanabe, H., Yamadori, A.: Brain and mind. To-kyo, Kyoritsu (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Bloom, B.S., Hastings, J.T., Madaus, G.F.: Handbook on formative and summative evaluation of student learning. McGrraw-Hill, New York (1971)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, W.W., Owens, D.L.: Multimedia-based instructional design: com-puter-based training, web-based training, distance broadcast training, Lee, W.W. Owens, D.L., Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer (2000)Google Scholar