Unconscious Transmission Services of Human Feelings
This paper was focused on the next generation of ubiquitous services by using ubiquitous networks and devices. This paper was especially focused on the transmission services of feelings to others. In the paper, some conventional transmission services of feelings were introduced and a few of the unconscious transmission services of feelings to both specific targets and multiple targets were pointed out. The paper proposed two examples of the new services that would enable the users to transmit their feelings unconsciously to others by using ubiquitous networks and devices. These services were proposed through the PRESPE (Participatory Requirements Elicitation using Scenarios and Photo Essays) approach and called respectively the “aura transmission system” and “back scratcher system”. Further discussion about the usefulness and possible negative influences on human nature or society by the new services was done, and the future research efforts of these services were described.
Keywordsubiquitous services transmission of feelings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yamazaki, K., Furuta, K.: Kansei Interface Design for Network Computing. In: Proceedings of HCI International 2005 (2005) incl. in CD-ROMGoogle Scholar
- 2.NEC Cebit 2006, KOTOHANA (2006), http://www.nec-cebit.com/de/produkte/future-products/kotohana.html
- 3.Go, K., Takamoto, Y., Carroll, J.M., Imamiya, A.: Envisioning Systems Using a Photo-Essay Technique and a Scenario-Based Inquiry. In: Proceedings of HCI International 2003, pp. 375–379 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Garfinkel, H.: Studies in Ethnomethodology. Polity Press (Blackwell Publishing), Oxford (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.Eason, K.: Understanding the Organizational Ramifications of Implementing information technology Systems. In: Helander, M., et al. (ed.) Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd edn., pp. 1475–1495. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam (1997)Google Scholar