Integrated Physically Based Manipulation and Decision-Making Tree for Navigation to Support Design Rationale
We explore the idea of integrated physically based manipulation and decision-making tree for navigation to support design rationale. It introduces a way to support user participation. This paper also proposes and validates a framework which combines several techniques to aid user to make decisions. We hope this research can assist untrained users to quickly feel comfortable and satisfied for a computer aid system by rational way. This paper focuses on a system prototype for the client customization process in apartment plan design to exemplify our concepts.
KeywordsRational Navigation Decision-making tree Fuzzy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cheng, Y.-C.: Integrating scenario-based design and case-based design for user participation in Apartment plan design process, MS Thesis in Computational Design. National Yunlin University of Science & Technology: Douliu, Yunlin, Taiwan (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Chien, S.-F.: Supporting information navigation in generative design systems, PhD Dissertation in Architecture. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, X.-C., Peng, Q.-F.: Oh! Fuzzy. The 3rd wave, Taipei, Taiwan (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Mickens, C.-D., Gordon, S.-E., Liu, L.: An introduction to Human Factors Engineering. Addision Wesley Longman, Reading, MA (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Papaconstantinou, G.: Screen Space: Navigation and Interactivity. In: eCAADe conference, Greece, pp. 392–398 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Parnas, D.L., Clements, P.C.: A rational design process:How and why to fake it. IEEE Trans. Softw. Eng. 12(2), 251–257 (1986)Google Scholar
- 9.Shneiderman, B.: Direct Manipulation for Comprehensible, Predictable and Controllable User Interfaces. In: 2nd international conference on Intelligent user interface, Orlando, USA, pp. 33–39 (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Terry, J., Standing, C.: The Value of User Participation in E-Commerce Systems Development. Informing Science Journal 7, 31–45 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Xiao, L., Hao, X.: A Knowledge Base System in the Residential Intelligent CAD System. In: CAADRIA, Shanghai, China, pp. 161–170 (1999)Google Scholar