Rough Ontology: Extension of Ontologies by Rough Sets
Ontology is widely used in the areas of knowledge engineering, web based data mining, etc. In rough set theory, accuracy of approximation of set and a concept of granularity are introduced. Rough set theory is very useful to define dependency among attributes and extract decision rules from the set. One of our main aims of this paper is to propose a concept of rough ontology. A concept of rough ontology is extended concept of rough set, and it enables us to use flexible information system in the form of ontology. And rough ontology is useful to introduce concepts rough set theory in to ontology. In this paper we formulate a concept of rough ontology, which is extended concept of rough set theory. We define upper and lower approximation, accuracy of approximation of preference, concept of granularity of preference. And we also show the property of rough ontology.
KeywordsRough set theory Ontology OWL information system accuracy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gehrmann, A., Ishizu, S.: Representation of Evaluation Spaces over Attributes Structures - a practical example-. In: Proc. of SCI 2001. Information Systems, vol. 2, pp. 139–145 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Gehrmann, A., Ishizu, S.: Minimal evaluation structure for inconsistent multi-attributes decision-making – selection and addition method of evaluation attributes, vol. 14(1), pp. 85–98 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Ishizu, S.: An Attributes Structure on Evaluation Space. Advances in Systems Study II, 33–38 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Ishizu, S., Amakasu, H.: Basic Concepts and Algorithms for Construction of Evaluation Structures. JASMIN 12(2), 21–36 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Klir, G.J.: Fuzzy Measure Theory. Kluwer Academic, Plenum Publishers (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Wolterink, T.: What is an Ontology? http://referaat.cs.utwente.nl/new/papers.php?confid=1