Automatic, Body Measurements Based Generation of Individual Avatars Using Highly Adjustable Linear Transformation
In this paper part of the work of the research project ’IntExMa’ is presented, that aims at the development of an interactive, in-store sales support system focusing on the virtual ’try-on’ of clothing. Customers are provided with highly realistic, individualized, three-dimensional virtual counterparts, derived from a small number of body measurements. The paper describes in detail the approach followed for the required automatic generation of avatars. It is based on a sophistication of the well-known concept of parametric deformation. The solution presented here is characterized by a range of means that provide highly flexible, fine-grained adjustments of the linear transformation process leading to precisely controllable results.
Keywordsbody measurements parametric deformation individualized avatars
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Thalmann, D.: Handbook of Virtual Humans. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Lever, N.: Real-time 3D Character Animation with Visual C++, Focal Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.MakeHuman: (last retrieved 16/02/07) http://www.makehuman.org/
- 4.Humanoid animation (H-Anim): ( last retrieved 16/02/07) http://www.h-anim.org/
- 5.Blender: (last retrieved 16/02/07) http://www.blender.org/
- 6.Khakzar, K., Blum, R., Kohlhammer, J., Fuhrmann, A., Maier, A., Maier, A.: Interactive Product Visualization for an In-store Sales Support System for the Clothing Retail. In: Proceedings of HCII 2007, 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction 2007 (to appear)Google Scholar