Low Cost 3D Shape Acquisition System Using Strip Shifting Pattern
We present a simple and low cost 3D shape acquisition method that can measure the objects with interreflection and high light. The capture system employs a projector to project line shifting shadow on the object, and a digital camera to record videos (image sequence) of the object and the distorted shadow. A novel spacetime edge finding method is introduced to get the shadow edge accurately and overcome the interreflection and high light. The 3D data of the object are got by using the spacetime information. A post-processing 3D filter is proposed to filter the bad data. The 3D filter makes full use of the neighborhoods’ geometric constrains and the view point constrain.
Keywords3D scanner shape recovery surface reconstruction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brown, D.C.: Calibration of close range cameras. In: Proc 12th congress Int. Soc. Photogrammetry, Ottawa, Canada (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.Tsai, R.Y.: An efficient and accurate camera calibration techniwue fpr 3d machine vision. In: Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Miami Beach, FL, pp. 364–374 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, H., Straub, R., Prautzsch, H.: IASTED International Conference on Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing, Fast subpixel accurate reconstruction using color structured light (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Rocchini, C., Cignoni, P., Montani, C., Pingi, P., Scopigno, R.: A low cost 3D scanner based on structured light. Eruographics 2(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Rusinkiewicz, S., Hall-holt, O., Levoy, M.: Real-Time 3D model Acquisition. ACM SIGGRAPH, 21(3) (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Curless, B., Seitz, S.: 3D photography, ACM SIGGRAPH, Course No. 19 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Pagès, J., Salvi, J., García, R., Matabosch, C.: Overview of coded light projection techniques for automatic 3D profiling. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2003 (2003)Google Scholar