Design and Implementation of Ergonomics Evaluation System of 3D Airplane Cockpit
According to ergonomics factors referred by airplane design department and corresponding standards, structure and function of ergonomics evaluation system of 3D cockpit was designed. Digital human model, based on anthropometry database, comprises 66 segments, 65 joints and 131 degree of freedom. The ergonomics design of man-machine interface can be evaluated in terms of vision, reach and working posture comfort analysis methods and evaluation rules. Interior and exterior visual field of pilot can be achieved with the aid of vision analysis. The comfort of working posture and joints motion can be assessed by reference to joint angles for any selected posture. The details regarding system implementation with technology of OpenGL are discussed at last. The system can be computer-aided tool for airplane designer considering its convenience in using excellent model data interface with other 3D software.
Keywords3D airplane cockpit Digital human model Ergonomics Working postural Comfort
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, Z.Q.: Study on Synthesis of Virtual Human. Journal of the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China 17(2), 89–98 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Chinese PLA General Armament Department: GJB 4856-2003 Human Dimension of Chinese Male Pilot Population. The People’s Republic of China Military StandardsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defense: GJB 307-87 Visual Field of Fighter Cockpit and Visual Areas of the Main Instrument Panel. The People’s Republic of China Military StandardsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defense: GJB 2873-97 Human Engineering Design Criteria for Military Equipment and Facilities. The People’s Republic of China Military StandardsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defense: GJB 35A-93 Aircrew Station Geometry for Fighter. The People’s Republic of China Military StandardsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Wang, L.J.: The Study of Computer-aided Ergonomic Analysis and Assessment System for Cockpit of Military Aircraft. Beihang University, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, L.B., Yuan, X.G., Yang, C.X., et al.: Comfort Evaluation of Working Posture of Upper Limb in Sitting Posture. China Safety Science Journal, Beijing, China 16(9), 51–55 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, L.B., Yuan, X.G., Wang, L.J., et al.: Evaluation of Joint Motion Based on Perceived Discomfort. Space Medicine and Medical Engineering, Beijing, China, vol. 19, 412–416 (2006)Google Scholar