Using Content-Based Multimedia Data Retrieval for Multimedia Content Adaptation
The effective retrieval and multimedia data management techniques to facilitate the searching and querying of large multimedia data sets are very important in multimedia applications development. The content-based retrieval systems must use the multimedia content to represent and to index data. The representation of multimedia data supposes to identify the most useful features for representing the multimedia content and the approaches needed for coding the attributes of multimedia data. The multimedia content adaptation realize the multimedia resources manipulation, respecting the specific quality parameters, function on the limits required by networks and terminal devices. The goal of the paper is to identify a design model for using content-based multimedia data retrieval in multimedia content adaptation. The goal of this design is to deliver the multimedia content in various networks and to different types of peripheral devices, in the most appropriate format and function on specific characteristics.
Keywordsmultimedia streams content based data retrieval content adaptation media type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Furht, B.: Handbook of Multimedia Computing. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Pagani, M.: Encyclopedia of Multimedia Technology and Networking, Idea Group Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Halsall, F.: Multimedia communications – applications, networks, protocols and standards, Pearson Education Limited (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Pereira, F.: Content and context: two worlds to bridge. In: Fourth International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing, CBMI, Riga- Letonia (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kosch, H.: Distributed Multimedia Database Technologies Supported by MPEG-7 and MPEG-21, Auerbach Publications (2004)Google Scholar