Concept of Usability Revisited
Based on the historical review, a new model on the concept structure of usability and satisfaction was proposed. As a proposer of user engineering, the author redefined the concept of usability of which the usability engineering is responsible and linked the concept of satisfaction to the user engineering. It is based on the differentiation of the objective characteristics of artefact and the subjective impression of user.
Keywordsusability satisfaction usability engineering user engineering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISO ISO13407, Human-centred design processes for interactive systems (1999) Google Scholar
- 2.ISO ISO9241-11, Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs). Guidance on Usability (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Jordan, P.W.: An Introduction to Usability? Taylor and Francis, London (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Jordan, P.W., Thomas, B., Weerdmeester, B.A., McClelland, I.L.: Usability Evaluation in Industry? Taylor and Francis, London (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Kurosu, M.: What is usability?, HCD-Net News 2006. In: Nielsen, J. Usability Engineering?AP Professional (1993)Google Scholar