Learning Agile Methods in Practice: Advanced Educational Aspects of the Varese XP-UG Experience
In Italy the public adoption of agile practices in software planning, design and development is still in an infancy state. Local XPUGs are few – notably, the most active ones are in the cities of Milan and Rome. After an informal meeting of the participants of the first edition of ESSAP, the Varese XP-UG was born in 2006, October. This XP-UG is the first experience in Italy spread from an academic environment with specific learning purposes, applying agile methods in an advanced education setting in computer sciences. In particular, preliminary observations of a University ad hoc open source web application called Examinando are given.
Keywordsagile development of open source software education and training practitioners’ experience reports
- 1.Cirillo, F.: La Tecnica del Pomodoro v1.1. Technical Report. XPLabs Italy (Published October 23, 2006), http://www.xplabs.it
- 2.Van Cauwenberghe, P., Peeters, V.: The XP Game Explained. In: Succi, G., Marchesi, M., Wells, D., Williams, L. (eds.) Extreme Programming Perspectives, pp. 311–322. Addison-Wesley, Boston (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Concklin, J.: Dialogue Mapping: Building Shared Understanding of Wicked Problems. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Thomas, D., Heinemeier Hansson, D.: Agile Web Development with Rails. The Pragmatics Programmers L.L.C., Raleigh Dallas (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.Evans, E.: Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software. Addison-Wesley, Boston (2003)Google Scholar