Mizar Course in Logic and Set Theory
From the very beginning of the development of the Mizar system experiments with using Mizar as a tool for teaching mathematics have been conducted. Numerous organized courses were based on different versions of the system: starting from the first implementation of its processor, through Mizar-MSE, Mizar–4 and PC–Mizar up till its present version. Now Mizar with its mathematical library gives us quite new didactic possibilities.
The purpose of this paper is to present a certain course on logic and set theory offered by our Institute for freshman students. The course employs Mizar as the main tool of instruction. In the paper we discuss the organization of this course and describe some examples of students’ tasks. Finally, some conclusions and remarks are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bajguz, W., Czuba, S.T.: Zbiór zadań z topologii w PC Mizar (A Collection of Exercises on Topology in PC Mizar), Zeszyt 1–5, Oddzial Regionalny Ogólnopolskiej Edukacji Komputerowej, Bialystok (1989-90)Google Scholar
- 2.Mostowski, M., Trybulec, Z.: A Certain Experimental Computer Aided Course of Logic in Poland. In: Proceedings of World Conference on Computer in Education, IFIP/AFIPS, Norfolk, North Holland (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Padlewska, B.: Family of sets. Formalized Mathematics 1, 147–152 (1990), avaliable also from http://www.mizar.org/fm/1990-1/pdf1-1/setfam_1.pdf Google Scholar
- 5.Prażmowski, K., Rudnicki, P.: Kurs Logiki w Mizarze–MSE (Course in Logic in Mizar–MSE), Monthly DELTA, No 9 and next ones, Warsaw (1983–1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Retel, K., Zalewska, A.: Mizar as a Tool for Teaching Mathematics. Mechanized Mathematics and Its Applications 4, 25–33 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Szczerba, L.W.: The Use of Mizar–MSE in a Course in Foundations of Geometry. In: Initiatives in Logic, Nijhoff Publishers, Dordrecht (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.Trybulec, A.: Logic Information Language MIZAR–MSE, Institute of Computer Science Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, vol.465 (1982)Google Scholar
- 10.Urban J.: Mizar Mode for Emacs, avaliable from http://alioth.uwb.edu.pl/twi/ki/bin/view/Mizar/MizarMode
- 11.Zalewska, A.: An Application of Mizar–MSE in a Course in Logic. In: Initiatives in Logic, Nijhoff Publishers, Dordrecht (1987)Google Scholar