Improvement of ANNs Performance to Generate Fitting Surfaces for Analog CMOS Circuits
One of the typical applications of neural networks is based on their ability to generate fitting surfaces. However, for certain problems, error specifications are very restrictive, and so, the performance of these networks must be improved. This is the case of analog CMOS circuits, where models created must provide an accuracy which some times is difficult to achieve using classical techniques. In this paper we describe a modelling method for such circuits based on the combination of classical neural networks and electromagnetic techniques. This method improves the precision of the fitting surface generated by the neural network and keeps the training time within acceptable limits.
KeywordsANNs Performance Coarse Model Classical Neural Network Fitting Surface CMOS Circuit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wei, Y., Doboli, A.: Library of structural cell macromodels for design of continuous-time reconfigurable Delta-Sigma modulators. In: IEEE Intl. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1764–1767 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Vancorenland, P., der Plas, G.V., Steyaert, M., Gielen, G., Sansen, W.: A Layout–aware Synthesis Methodology for RF Circuits. In: Proc. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer Aided Design, pp. 358–362 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.McConaghy, T., Gielen, G.: Analysis of Simulation-Driven Numerical Performance Modeling Techniques for Application to Analog Circuit Optimization. In: IEEE Intl. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1298–1301 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Watson, P.M., Gupta, K.C., Mahajan, R.L.: Development of knowledge based artificial neural network models for microwave components. In: IEEE Int. Microwave Symp. Digest, pp. 9–12 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Rumelhart, D.E., Inton, G.E., Williams, R.J.: Learning internal representations by error propagation. In: Rumelhart, D.E., McClelland, J.L. (eds.) Parallel Data Processing, 1, pp. 318–362. MIT Press, Cambridge (1986)Google Scholar