O3-DPACS: a Java-based, IHE compliant open-source data and image manager and archiver
Within the Open Three Consortium (O3) an open source Image-Data Manager/Archiver, called O3- DPACS, has been studied, developed and experimented in the routine of European and US hospitals. The O3 Consortium is an international open-source project constituted in 2005 by Higher Education in Clinical Engineering (HECE) of the University of Trieste; it deals with the multi-centric integration of hospitals, RHIOs and citizen (care at home and on the move, and ambient assisted living). O3-DPACS is the evolution of the DPACS (Data & Picture Archiving and Communication System) project, started in 1995 at the University of Trieste, with the goal to develop an open, scalable, cheap and universal system with accompanying tools, to store, exchange and retrieve all health information of each citizen at hospital, metropolitan, regional, national and European levels, thus offering an integrated virtual health card of the European Citizens, in a citizen-centric vision.
KeywordsAmbient Assisted Living European Citizen Storage Commitment Healthcare Enterprise DICOM Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Diminich M., Inchingolo P., Magliacca F., Martinolli N. (1993). Versatile and open tools for LAN, MAN and WAN communications with PACS. In: Comput. Biomed.. Held, Brebbia, Ciskowski, Power Eds, Comp.. Mech. Pub., Southampton, pp. 309–16.Google Scholar
- 3.Inchingolo P., Pozzi Mucelli R. (eds) (2004). EuroPACS-MIR 2004 in the Enlarged Europe. EUT, Trieste, ISBN: 88–8303–150–4.Google Scholar
- 4.Inchingolo P. et al. (2004). DPACS-2004 becomes a java-based opensource modular system. Idem, pp. 271–6.Google Scholar
- 5.Inchingolo P. (2006) The Open Three (O3) Consortium Project. In: Open Source Strategy for Multi-Center Image Management, https://www.mcim.georgetown.edu/MCIM 2006Google Scholar
- 6.Saccavini C. (2004) The MARIS project: open-source approach to IHE radiological workflow software. Idem, pp. 285–7.Google Scholar
- 7.Inchingolo P. et al. (2006). O3-DPACS Open-Source Image-Data Manager/Archiver and HDW2 Image-Data Display: an IHE-compliant project pushing the e-health integration in the world, Comput. Med. Imag. Graph., Elsevier Science 30: 391–406Google Scholar
- 10.Koutelakis G., Lymperopoulos D. (2006) PACS through Web Compatible with DICOM Standard and WADO Service: Advantages and Implementation. EMBS 6:2601–5.Google Scholar