ViSOM Ensembles for Visualization and Classification
In this paper ensemble techniques have been applied in the frame of topology preserving mappings in two applications: classification and visualization. These techniques are applied for the first time to the ViSOM and their performance is compared with ensemble combination of some other topology preserving mapping such as the SOM or the MLSIM. Several methods to obtain a meaningful combination of the components of an ensemble are presented and tested together with the existing ones in order to identify the best performing method in the applications of these models.
KeywordsClassification Accuracy Input Space Competitive Learning Ensemble Technique Classification Capability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Vesanto, J.: Data Mining Techniques Based on the Self-Organizing Map. Engineering Physics and Mathematics. Helsinki University of Technology. Espoo, Finland (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Kuncheva, L.I.: Combining Pattern Classifiers: Methods and Algorithms (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ron, M., Gunnar, R.: An Introduction to Boosting and Leveraging. In: Advanced Lectures on Machine Learning: Machine Learning Summer School 2002, Canberra, Australia, Revised Lectures, February 11-22, 2002, pp. 118–183 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Kaski, S.: Data Exploration Using Self-Organizing Maps. Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Helsinki University of Technology. Espoo, Finland (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Corchado, E., Fyfe, C.: The Scale Invariant Map and Maximum Likelihood Hebbian Learning. In: International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering System (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Fyfe, C., Corchado, E.: Maximum Likelihood Hebbian Rules. In: European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, ESANN (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Heskes, T.: Balancing between Bagging and Bumping. In: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 9, Proceedings of the 1996 Conference, pp. 466–472 (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Petrakieva, L., Fyfe, C.: Bagging and Bumping Self Organising Maps. Computing and Information Systems (2003)Google Scholar
- 18.Georgakis, A., Li, H., Gordan, M.: An Ensemble of Som Networks for Document Organization and Retrieval. In: Int. Conf. on Adaptive Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (AKRR’05), p. 6 (2005)Google Scholar
- 20.Newman, D.J., Hettich, S., Blake, C.L., Merz, C.J.: Uci Repository of Machine Learning Databases. University of California, Irvine, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences (1998), http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html