An Approach to Theory of Fuzzy Discrete Signals
The paper presents an approach to description of fuzzy discrete functions and Fourier transform of such functions taking in consideration their uncertainty. Conventional approach to uncertainty employs probabilistic description. Here, fuzzy logic theory is applied to describe this uncertainty. A definition of transform, called later Discrete Fuzzy Fourier Transform and definition of Inverse Discrete Fuzzy Fourier Transform are proposed. Some properties of such transformations and examples of applications and comparison with conventional approach are shown.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Number Discrete Fourier Transform Fuzzy Approach Fuzzy Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bezdek, J.C., Pal, S.K.: Fuzzy Models for Pattern Recognition. IEEE Press, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Butkiewicz, B.S.: Fuzzy approach to Fourier transform. In: Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 6159, pp. 1045–1050 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Butkiewicz, B.S.: Fuzzy description of image processing. Proceedings of SPIE (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Butkiewicz, B.S.: Towards Fuzzy Fourier Transform. In: Eleventh Int. Conf. Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-based Systems, Paris, pp. 2560–2565 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Butkiewicz, B.S.: Linguistic Fourier Transform and Fuzzy Image Description. In: Zittau Fuzzy Colloquium, Zittau, Germany, pp. 73–78 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Haldeeva, E., Perfilieva, I.: Fuzzy Transformation. In: Joint 9th IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIP Int. Conf., Vancouver, pp. 1946–1948 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Sugeno, M.: Fuzzy Systems with Undelying Deterministic Systems (Towards Fuzzy descriptions of Complex Systems). Res. Rep. L.A.A.S., Toulouse, France (1977)Google Scholar