Fuzzy Model Based Iterative Learning Control for Phenol Biodegradation
In a fedbatch process the operational strategy can consist on controling the influent substrate concentration in the reactor, by means of the input flow manipulation. Due to the repetitive characteristic of the Sequencing Batch Reactor processes, it opens the possibility to explore the information generated in previous cycles to improve the process operation, without having on-line sensors and/or a very precise analytical model. In this work an iterative learning control strategy based on a fuzzy model is proposed. It is assumed that the measurements are analytical and only a few number of them can be obtained. So, an interpolation technique is used to improve the control performance. Simulation results for a phenol biodegradation process are presented.
KeywordsFuzzy Iterative Learning Control Biotechnological Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bastin, G., Dochain, D.: On-line estimation and adaptive control of bioreactors. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Bien, Z., Xu, J.: Iterative learning control analysis, design, integration and applications. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Márquez, M., Ben Youssef, C., Vázquez, G., Waissman, J.: Iterative learning control of a sbr reactor by using a limited number of samples. In: Proc. of the Int. Meeting on Env. Biotech. and Eng., Mexico (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, L., Yang, F.: Fuzzy iterative laerning control design for output traking of discrete-time fuzzy systems. In: Proc. of the Third Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Shanghai, pp. 678–682 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Ben-Youssef, C., Waissman, J., Vázquez, G.: A new model for phenol biodegradation and activated sludge growth in fedbatch cultures. In: Proc. of the IFAC Symposium on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes, Grammados (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Babuška, R.: Fuzzy modeling for control. International series in intelligent technologies. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Kim, H., Shin, Y.: Design of adaptive fuzzy sliding mode controller based on fuzzy basis function expansion for ufv depth control. Int. J. Control Aut. and Syst. 3(2), 217–224 (2005)Google Scholar