Solving a Problem in Grid Applications: Using Aspect Oriented Programming
Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) was introduced 10 years ago and many research projects have focused on broadening AOP and its target areas. However, few applications in the Grid computing world adopt AOP in comparison with very vigorous research of AOP. Therefore, we present a case study that covers a general networking problem in the Grid computing. AOP provides a novel solution of the problem without modifying existing source code. Aspects that we define are simple, intuitive and reusable. We believe that our implementation is very useful in developing other Grid computing software platforms, and AOP can be a powerful method in modularizing source codes and solving problems of software architectures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oxford e-Science Centre: e-Science Definitions, http://e-science.ox.ac.uk/public/general/definitions.xml
- 2.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Tuecke, S.: The anatomy of the grid: Enabling scalable virtual organizations. International Journal of SuperComputer Applications 15(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Palo Alto Research Center: The AspectJ(TM) Programming Guide, http://eclipse.org/aspectj/
- 4.Korea Basic Science Institute: KBSI microscopes & facilitates, http://hvem.kbsi.re.kr/eng/index.htm
- 5.GLORIAD Korea: GLORIAD-KR, http://www.gloriad-kr.org/eng/index_eng.htm