A General-Purpose Mobile Framework for Situated Learning Services on PDA
Recently, as ubiquitous technology has been developed rapidly, a specific application service considering users’ situations has been becoming the focus of attention. As a field of a typical situation-based application, we focus on situated learning using a mobile device. A u-learning system can provide learners with individualized learning at any time in any place. In this paper, we propose a general-purpose mobile framework suitable for situated learning on PDA with RFID mobile system. Specially, we examine three aspects in making the framework. First, we investigate how learners obtain and access customized learning contents suitable for them. Second, we construct a mobile middleware for RFID on PDA. Finally, we devise the application-specific system for situated learning.
KeywordsRFID Situated Learning Mobile middleware Framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tan, T.-H., Liu, T.-Y.: The Mobile-Based Interactive Learning Environment (MOBILE) and A Case Study for Assisting Elementary School English Learning. In: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Mylonas, P., Tzouveli, P., Kollia, S.: Towards a Personalized e-learning scheme for Teachers. In: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Jung, T., Kim, Y., Lee, Y.: The Platform Technology of RFID Middleware. Telecommunications Review 15(2) (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Abbattista, F., Degemmis, M., Fanizzi, N., Licchelli, O., Lops, P., Semeraro, G., Zambetta, F.: Learning User Profiles for Content-Based Filtering in e-Commerce. In: Proceedings of AI Workshop su Apprendimento Automatico: Metodi e Applicazioni (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Carreira, R., Crato, J.M., Gonçalves, D., Jorge, J.A.: Evaluating Adaptive User Profiles for News Classification. In: Proceedings of IUI’04 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Sarma, S., Brock, D., Engels, D.: Radio Frequency Identification and the Electronic Product Code. IEEE Micro 21 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, S.: Good Ideas to Foment Educational Revolution. Communications of Korea Educational Technology Research Association 38(1) (1998)Google Scholar