Vanishing Waves on Semi-closed Space Intervals and Applications in Mathematical Physics
Test-functions (which differ to zero only on a limited interval and have continuous derivatives of any order on the whole real axis) are widely used in the mathematical theory. Yet less attention was given to intuitive aspects on dynamics of such test functions or of similar functions considered as possible solution of certain equations in mathematical physics (as wave equation). This study will show that the use of wave equation on small space interval considered around the point of space where the sources of the generated field are situated can be mathematically represented by vanishing waves corresponding to a superposition of travelling test functions. As an important consequence, some directions for propagating the generated wave appears and the possibility of reverse radiation being rejected. Specific applications for other phenomena involving wave generation (as the Lorentz formulae describing the generation of a wave with different features after the interaction with the observer’s material medium are also presented.
Keywordsvanishing waves test functions semiclosed intervals
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Toma, C.: Acausal pulses in physics-numerical simulations. Bulgarian Journal of Physics (to appear)Google Scholar
- 2.Morgado, J.F.M., Gomes, A.J.P.: A derivative-free tracking algorithm for implicit curves with singularities. In: Bubak, M., van Albada, G.D., Sloot, P.M.A., Dongarra, J. (eds.) ICCS 2004. LNCS, vol. 3039, pp. 221–228. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Federl, P., Prusinkiewicz, P.: Solving differential equations in developmental models of multicellular structures expressed using L-systems. In: Bubak, M., van Albada, G.D., Sloot, P.M.A., Dongarra, J. (eds.) ICCS 2004. LNCS, vol. 3037, pp. 65–72. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Toma, C.: A connection between special relativity and quantum theory based on non-commutative properties and system - wave interaction. Balkan Physics Letters Supplement 5, 2509–2513 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Toma, C.: The advantages of presenting special relativity using modern concepts. Balkan Physics Letters (Suppl. 5), 2334–2337 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Lide, F., Jinhai, L., Suosheng, C.: Application of VBA in HP3470A Data Acquisition System. Journal of Instrunebtation and Measurements 8, 377–379 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Lide, F., Wanling, Z., Jinha, L., Amin, J.: A New Intelligent Dynamic Heat Meter. In: IEEE Proceedings of ISDA 2006 Conference, pp. 187–191 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Xiaoting, L., Lide, F.: Study on Dynamic Heat Measurement Method after Step Change of System Flux. In: IEEE Proceedings of ISDA 2006 Conference, pp. 192–197 (2006)Google Scholar