A Trustworthy Resource Selection Approach in Grid with Fuzzy Reputation Aggregation
An important challenge regarding resource selection in Grid is how to cope with the wide range of selection and the high degree of strangeness. In this paper, reputation evaluation mechanism, as a fundamental building block technique, is introduced to leverage the guarantee of trustworthiness and reliability. Guided by the reputation evaluation ideas and fuzzy logic, the proposed approach can better handle uncertainty, fuzziness, and incomplete information, so the security of information service is highly strengthened. By applying the approach using eBay transaction statistical data, the paper demonstrate the final integrative decision order in various conditions. Compared with other methods, this approach has better overall consideration, accord with human selection psychology naturally.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wang, Y., Vassileva, J.: Trust and Reputation Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks. In: Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing, Linkoping, pp. 150–158. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, D.: Fuzzy Multiobjective Many-person Decision Makings and Games[M]. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Marsh, S.: Formalising trust as a computational concept. PhD Thesis. Scotland, University of Stirling (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Blaze, M., Feigenbaum, J., Lacy, J.: Decentralized trust management. In: Dale, J., Dinolt, G. (eds.) Proceedings of the 17th Symposium on Security and Privacy, Oakland, CA, pp. 164–173. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Xiong, L., Liu, L.: PeerTrust: Supporting Reputation-Based Trust in Peer-to-Peer Communities. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 16(7) (2004)Google Scholar