Algebraic Semantics of Service Component Modules
We present a notion of module acquired from developing an algebraic framework for service-oriented modelling. More specifically, we give an account of the notion of module that supports the composition model of the SENSORIA Reference Modelling Language (SRML). The proposed notion is independent of the logic in which properties are expressed and components are programmed. Modules in SRML are inspired in concepts proposed for Service Component Architecture (SCA) and Web Services, as well the modules that have been proposed for Algebraic Specifications, namely by H. Ehrig and F. Orejas, among others; they include interfaces for required (imported) and provided (exported) services, as well as a number of components (body) whose orchestrations ensure how given behavioural properties of the provided services are guaranteed assuming that the requested services satisfy required properties.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.de Alfaro, L., Henzinger, T.: Interface automata. In: ESEC/SIGSOFT_FSE, pp. 109–120. ACM Press, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Baumeister, H., Hacklinger, F., Hennicker, R., Knapp, A., Wirsing, M.: A component model for architectural programming. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (to appear, 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Ehrig, H., Mahr, B.: Fundamentals of Algebraic Specification 2: Module Specifications and Constraints. In: EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 21, Springer, Heidelberg (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.Fiadeiro, J.L.: Categories for Software Engineering. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Fiadeiro, J.L., Lopes, A., Bocchi, L.: The SENSORIA Reference Modelling Language: Primitives for Service Description and Composition (2006), Available from, http://www.sensoria-ist.eu
- 8.Gnesi, S., Mazzanti, F.: A model checking verification environment for UML Statecharts. In: Proceedings of XLIII Congresso Annuale AICA "Comunita’ Virtuale dalla Ricerca all’Impresa dalla Formazione al Cittadino", University of Udine – AICA (2005), paper available from, fmt.isti.cnr.it
- 10.Consortium, S.C.A.: Building Systems using a Service Oriented Architecture (2005), Whitepaper available from, http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-sca, (version 0.9)