Part of the Understanding Complex Systems book series (UCS)
Anatomical Concepts of Brain Connectivity
KeywordsAxon Terminal Rabies Virus Macaque Monkey Brain Connectivity Cereb Cortex
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barone P, Batardiere A, Knoblauch K, Kennedy H (2000) Laminar distribution of neurons in extrastriate areas projecting to visual areas V1 and V4 correlates with the hierarchical rank and indicates the operation of a distance rule. J Neurosci. 20,3263–3281.Google Scholar
- Fiala JC (2002) Three-dimensional structure of synapses in the brain and on the web. Presentation at the World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Honolulu. Downloadable fromsynapses.bu.edu/lab/fiala/wcci2002.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Gerfen CR, Sawchenko PE. (1984) An anterograde neuroanatomicaltracing method that shows the detailed morphology of neurons,their axons and terminals: immunohistochemical localization of anaxonally transported plant lectin, Phaseolus vulgarisleucoagglutin in (PHA-L). Brain Res. 290, 219–238.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gray EG. (1959) Axo-somatic and axo-dendritic synapses of the cerebral cortex: an electron microscope study. J. Anat. 93,420–433.Google Scholar
- Jones DG (1975) Synapses and Synaptosomes. Morphological Aspects. Chapman and Hall, London.Google Scholar
- Nauta WJH (1957) Silver impregnation of degenerating axons. In: New Research Techniques of Neuroanatomy (W.F. Windle, ed.),pp. 17–26. C.C. Thomas, Springfield, Ill.Google Scholar
- Scannell JW, Blakemore C, Young MP (1995) Analysis of connectivity in the cat cerebral cortex. J Neurosci 15, 1463–1483.Google Scholar
- Schubert D, Kotter R, Zilles K, Luhmann HJ, Staiger JF. (2003) Cell type-specific circuits of cortical layer IV spiny neurons. J. Neurosci. 23: 2961–2970.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007