Coupling from the Past in Hybrid Models for File Sharing Peer to Peer Systems
- 1.8k Downloads
In this paper we show how file sharing peer to peer systems can be modeled by hybrid systems with a continuous part corresponding to a fluid limit of files and a discrete part corresponding to customers. Then we show that this hybrid system is amenable to perfect simulations (i.e. simulations providing samples of the system states which distributions have no bias from the asymptotic distribution of the system). An experimental study is carried to show the respective influence that the different parameters (such as time-to-live, rate of requests, connection time) play on the behavior of large peer to peer systems, and also to show the effectiveness of this approach for numerical solutions of stochastic hybrid systems.
KeywordsMarkov Chain Hybrid System Hybrid Model Continuous Time Markov Chain Coupling Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.David, R., Alla, H.: Discrete, Continuous, and Hybrid Petri Nets. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Gaujal, B., Perronnin, F., Bertin, R.: Perfect simulation of stochastic hybrid systems with an application to peer to peer systems. Technical report, INRIA (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.KaZaA: http://www.kazaa.com/
- 7.Gnutella: http://www.gnutella.com/
- 12.Walker, A.: An efficient method for generating random variables with general distributions. ACM Trans. Math. Software, 253–256 (1974)Google Scholar