MTT: The Maude Termination Tool (System Description)
Despite the remarkable development of the theory of termination of rewriting, its application to high-level programming languages is far from being optimal. This is due to the need for features such as conditional equations and rules, types and subtypes, (possibly programmable) strategies for controlling the execution, matching modulo axioms, and so on, that are used in many programs and tend to place such programs outside the scope of current termination tools.The operational meaning of such features is often formalized in a proof-theoretic manner by means of an inference system (see, e.g., [2, 3, 17]) rather than just by a rewriting relation. In particular, Generalized Rewrite Theories (GRT)  are a recent generalization of rewrite theories at the heart of the most recent formulation of Maude .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Durán, F., Lucas, S., Marché, C., Meseguer, J., Urbain, X.: Proving Termination of Membership Equational Programs. In: Sestoft, P., Heintze, N. (eds.) Proc. of ACM SIGPLAN 2004 Symposium on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation, PEPM 2004, pp. 147–158. ACM Press, New York (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Durán, F., Lucas, S., Marché, C., Meseguer, J., Urbain, X.: Proving Operational Termination of Membership Equational Programs. Higher-Order and Symbolic Computation (published online) (to appear, April 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Durán, F., Lucas, S., Meseguer, J.: Operational Termination in Rewriting Logic. Technical Report 2008 (2008), http://www.dsic.upv.es/~slucas/tr08.pdf
- 8.Futatsugi, K., Diaconescu, R.: CafeOBJ Report. AMAST Series. World Scientific (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Lucas, S.: Context-sensitive computations in functional and functional logic programs. Journal of Functional and Logic Programming 1998(1), 1–61 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Lucas, S.: MU-TERM: A Tool for Proving Termination of Context-Sensitive Rewriting. In: van Oostrom, V. (ed.) RTA 2004. LNCS, vol. 3091, pp. 200–209. Springer, Heidelberg (2004), http://www.dsic.upv.es/~slucas/csr/termination/muterm Google Scholar
- 15.Lucas, S., Meseguer, J.: Operational Termination of Membership Equational Programs: the Order-Sorted Way. In: Rosu, G. (ed.) Proc. of the 7th International Workshop on Rewriting Logic and its Applications, WRLA 2008. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (to appear, 2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Meseguer, J.: Membership algebra as a logical framework for equational specification. In: Parisi-Presicce, F. (ed.) WADT 1997. LNCS, vol. 1376, pp. 18–61. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 19.Ölveczky, P.C., Lysne, O.: Order-Sorted Termination: The Unsorted Way. In: Hanus, M., Rodríguez-Artalejo, M. (eds.) ALP 1996. LNCS, vol. 1139, pp. 92–106. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar