A Dynamic Content Generator for Adaptation in Hypermedia Systems
The heterogeneity problem (in terms of different types of access devices, network bandwidth, preferences/characteristics of the user, etc.) has become a major problem for the Internet. Different alternatives have been developed to allow universal access to any type of content. Adaptive Hypermedia Systems (AHS) have emerged as a solution for this. In previous works we proposed the SHAAD model, which includes the concepts of adaptability, adaptivity and dynamism to adapt web contents. Based on this model we implemented MAS-SHAAD, a multiagent system implementation of SHAAD. In this work we present the design and development of a dynamic content generator that can be added to any JAVA AHS implementation, such as MAS-SHAAD. The structure of the generator is defined by an ontology; therefore, a standard behavior can be obtained for any object included in the web pages generated and stored in the content repository.
KeywordsAdaptive hypermedia systems multiagent systems user modeling device independency heterogeneity decision engine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brusilovsky, P., Maybury, M.: The Adaptive Web. Communications of the ACM 45(5) (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.De Bra, P.: Design Issues in Adaptive Web-Site Development. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Adaptive Systems and User Modelling on the WWW (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Brusilovsky, P.: Methods and Techniques of Adaptive Hypermedia: User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, vol. 6, pp. 87–129. Kluwer academic publishers, Dordrecht (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Rosaci, D., Sarné, G.M.L.: MASHA: A Multi Agent System Handling User and Device Adaptivity of Web Sites. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction: The Journal of Personalization Research 16(5) (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Mérida, D., Fabregat, R., Marzo, J.L.: SHAAD: Adaptable, Adaptive and Dynamic Hypermedia System for content delivery. In: Workshop on Adaptive Systems for Web Based Education. WASWE 2002, Málaga España (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Mérida, D., Cannataro, M., Fabregat, R., Arteaga, C.: MAS-SHAAD a Multiagent System Proposal for an Adaptive Hypermedia System. Proceedings of IJCEELL journal Special issue: Adaptivity in Web and Mobile Learning Services (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.JADE, http://jade.tilab.com/
- 8.CC/PP Information Page, http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/