AT and DfA Standardisation: What Is Currently Going on?
At several occasions in the past details of ongoing standardisation activities in the field of Assistive Technology and Design for All have been reported at the ICCHP conference. In this contribution several recent important changes and additions are brought under the attention of this year’s ICCHP delegates too.
KeywordsAssistive Technology Public Procurement Page Charge European Telecommunication Standard Institute European Unify Market
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.CEN publications can be found at, http://www.cen.eu/cenorm/aboutus/information/otherpublications/index.asp
- 5.ISO/IEC Guide 71 is available from ISO and ANSI (page charges do apply); Guide 6 can be downloaded from, http://www.cen.eu/BOSS/supporting/reference+documents/cclcgd006.pdf
- 6.Cf. The overview document by Hajime Yamada, ICT accessibility standardization and its use in policy measures, http://www.ictsb.org/DATSCG/Documents/Accessibility%20standardization.pdf
- 7.In full: The Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the Economic and Social Committee, and the Committee of Regions, regarding eAccessibility (adopted on 13 September 2005). Link, http://europa.eu.int/information_society/policy/accessibility/policy/com-ea-2005/a_documents/cec_com_eacc_2005.html
- 8.Inma Placencia & Martina Sindelar, The European Disability Action Plan and Accessibility Standardisation, presentation made at the final COST219ter Conference. Vision in Action: Accessibility for All to Next Generation Networks, Brussels (February 7, 2008), http://www.tiresias.org/cost219ter/vision_action/sindelar.ppt
- 9.Engelen, J. (ed.): D2.2a Report on Standardisation (2008), http://www.dfaei.org/docs/D2.2a.pdf
- 10.The ISO-JTC1, http://www.jtc1access.org/
- 11.Hodgkinson, R.: Report on International ICT Accessibility Standards proposed, Being Developed and Recently published (March 2008), http://www.tiresias.org/standards/report_5.htm
- 12.USEM public, http://www.usem-net.eu
- 13.DfA@eInclusion public, http://www.dfaei.org
- 14.Link, http://www.edean.org