Tour into Virtual Environment in the Style of Pencil Drawing
Traditional virtual environment reconstructing methods have their own drawbacks, such as modeling complexity, higher time-consuming and much too realistic. Thus, they are difficult to be suitable for the real-time rendering. In this paper, we have described a system which can provide a simple pencil drawing scene model, the users can walk through in it freely, obtain enjoyable and real-time artistic experience. Firstly we design a new pencil texture generating method based on the pencil filter. This approach can conveniently generate the pencil drawing effect by convoluting the input image with the pencil filter. Secondly, we propose a modeling scheme for TIP based on the cubic panorama, which can not only overcome the disadvantage of fixed viewpoint in browsing panorama, but also can model easily and computes simply.
Keywordspencil filter pencil drawings virtual environment non-photorealistic rendering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klein, A.W., Li, W., Kazhdan, M.M., Corra, W.T., Finkelstein, A., Funkhouser, T.A.: Non-photorealistic virtual environments. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 2000, pp. 527–534 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Coconu, L., Deussen, O., Hege, H.-C.: Real-time pen-and-ink illustration of landscapes. In: NPAR 2006, pp. 27–35 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, H., Kwon, S., Lee, S.: Real-time pencil rendering. In: NPAR 2006, pp. 37–45 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Y.-P., Zhao, Y., Shi, J., Xu, D.: Digitization of Culture Heritage Based on Tour into the Picture. In: Edutainment 2006, pp. 1312–1320 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Mao, X., Nagasaka, Y., Imamiya, A.: Automatic generation of pencil drawing from 2D images using line integral convolution. In: CAD/Graphics 2001, pp. 240–248 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Cabral, B., Leedom, C.: Imaging Vector Field Using Line Integral Convolution. In: SIGGRAPH 1993 conference proceeding, pp. 263–270 (1993)Google Scholar