A Survey on Use of “New Perspective English Learning System” among University Students—Case Study on Jiangxi Normal University
As an e-learning system, New Perspective English Learning System is widely used in universities and colleges in China. However, little research has been carried on directed towards its effectiveness and correctness. This paper makes a case study on Jiangxi Normal University and adopts survey research as the predominant methodology and interview as secondary method. Via data collection and analysis, it examines respectively system effectiveness from respondents’ satisfaction comments on five dimensions including students situation, learning resources, support from teachers, e-learning Support Platform and learning support service. Then it suggests an urgent need to solve the existing problems and improve the function of the whole NPELS Learning Hall platform in many ways. Finally some discussion and corresponding suggestions are proposed.
KeywordsNew Perspective English Learning System Survey E-learning Jiangxi Normal University
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press: NPELS End-user Manual (Student)(January 30, 2007), http://jwc.jxnu.edu.cn/NPELS/User/Login.aspx
- 2.Wertsch, J.V., Toma., C.: Discourse and learning in the classroom: A Socialcultural approach. In: Steffe, L.P., Gale, J. (eds.) Constructivism in education, pp. 159–174. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers, Mahwah (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Kekang, H., Wenguang, L.: Education Technology, p. 363. Beijing Normal University Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Xinmin, S.: Learning Sciences & Learning Technologies, pp. 102–103. Higher education Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Shengquan, Y.: Web-based instruction evaluation model construction (March 20, 2007), http://www.qdedu.gov.cn/jiaoyuguanli/lwjc/article/Article3147.htm
- 6.Moore, M.: Three Types of Interaction (March 19, 2007), http://cdl.panam.edu/dayoung/professional/moorethreetypesofinteraction.htm