Advanced Agent-Delegated Route Optimization Protocol for Efficient Multimedia Services at Low-Battery Devices
The appreciation of various mobile multimedia services causes a paradigm shift in the Internet. Since the introduction of the route optimization in the Mobile IPv6, various approaches are proposed to solve the problem such as the handover latency and the excessive signaling message exchanges and enhance security. In spite of this improvement they are not enough for the low-battery mobile devices to service the audio and video streaming seamlessly because of the handover time and the computation of the mobile node. We propose an advanced agent-delegated route optimization protocol for seamless multimedia services at low-battery mobile devices.
KeywordsMobile Node Route Optimization Access Router Correspondent Node Mobile IPv6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Johnson, D., Perkins, C., Arkko, J.: Mobility Support in IPv6, IETF RFC 3775 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Arkko, J., Aura, T., Montenegro, G., Nikander, P., Nordmark, E.: Mobile IP Version 6 Route Optimization Security Design Background, IETF RFC 4225 (December 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Haddad, W., Dupont, F., Madour, L., Krishnan, S., Park, S.: Optimizing Mobile IPv6 (OMIPv6), IETF Internet Draft, draft-haddad-mipv6-omipv6-01.txt (February 2004) (Work in progress)Google Scholar
- 4.Bradner, S., Mankin, A., Schiller, J.: A Framework for Purpose-Built Keys IETF Internet Draft, draft-bradner-pbk-frame-06.txt (October 2003) (Work in progress)Google Scholar
- 5.Haddad, W., Madour, L., Arkko, J., Dupont, F.: Applying Cryptographically Generated Addresses to Optimize MIPv6 (CGA-OMIPv6), IETF Internet Draft, draft-haddad-mip6-cga-omipv6-04 (May 2005) (Work in progress)Google Scholar
- 6.Aura, T.: Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA), IETF RFC 3972 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Arkko, J., Vogt, C., Haddad, W.: Applying Cryptographically Generated Addresses and Credit-Based Authorization to Mobile IPv6, IETF Internet Draft, draft-arkko-mipshop-cga-cba-04.txt (June 2006) (Work in progress)Google Scholar
- 8.Haddad, W., Krishnan, S., Dupont, F.: Mobility Signaling Delegation in OptiSEND, IETF Internet Draft, draft-haddad-mipshop-mobisig-del-01.txt (June 2006) (Work in progress)Google Scholar
- 9.Vogt, C., et al.: Early Binding Updates for Mobile IPv6. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, vol. 1, March 2005, pp. 1440–1445 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Haddad, W., Krishnan, S., Choi, J.: Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Optimization and Adapation for Mobility: The OptiSEND Protocol, IETF Internet Draft, draft-haddad-mipshop-optisend-01.txt (March 2006) (Work in progress)Google Scholar