Haptically-Aided Extrusion for Object Edition in CAD
CAD systems are powerful software tools used to manage numerical edition and simulation of products. Edition of CAD objects is a fundamental step in the lifecycle of these products. Although CAD benefits from improvements in functionalities, user interaction on these systems does not evolve anymore. Our goal is to propose novel haptic techniques to enhance user interaction with such applications. An important issue in CAD systems is the modification of the Boundary Representation (B-Rep) of 3D objects. Our general goal is to determine suitable haptic methods to increase accuracy of 3D interaction with CAD objects. This paper focuses on CAD edition processes based on parameterization of extrusion operators.
KeywordsCAD Virtual Reality Haptic interaction Extrusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Picon, F., Ammi, M., Bourdot, P.: Case study of Haptic methods for Selection on CAD models. In: Proceedings of IEEE VR (in press, 2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Llamas, I., Kim, B., Gargus, J., Rossignac, J., Shaw, C.D.: Twister: A Space-Warp Operator for the Two-Handed Editing of 3D Shapes. In: Proc. of ACM SIGGRAPH 2003, pp. 663–668 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Convard, T., Bourdot, P.: History based reactive objects for immersive CAD. In: ACM Solid Modeling, SM 2004, Genova, Italy, June 2004, pp. 291–296 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Rosenberg, L.B.: The Use of Virtual Fixtures as Perceptual Overlays to Enhance Operator Performance in Remote Environments. Air Force Material Command, pp. 1–42 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Yamada, T., Ogi, T., Tsubouchi, D., Hirose, M.: Desk-sized Immersive Workplace Using Force Feedback Grid Interface. In: IEEE VR Conference 2002, pp. 135–142 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Snibbe, S., Anderson, S., Verplank, W.L.: Springs and Constraints for 3D Drawing. In: Proc. of the 3rd Phantom Users Group, Dedham, MA, MIT AI Lab TR #1643 (1998)Google Scholar