Extracting Hyponymy Relation between Chinese Terms
This paper studies the problem of the automatic acquisition of the hyponymy (is-a) relation in sentences and develops a new method for it. In this paper, we treat the task of identifying hyponymy relation as two separate problems and solve them based on the following three techniques: term type’s commonality, sequential patterns, property nouns and domain verbs.
Keywordshyponymy relation extraction pattern-based sequential pattern property noun domain verb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sun, G., Cong, G., Liu, X., Lin, C.-Y., Zhou, M.: Mining sequential patterns and tree patterns to detect erroneous sentences. In: AAAI (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Hearst, A.: Automatic Acquisition of Hyponyms from Large Text Corpora. In: Proc. Of COLING 1992, pp. 23–28 (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Miller, S., Fox, H., Ramshaw, L., Weischedel, R.: A novel use of statistical parsing to extract information from text. In: Proc of 6th Applied Natural Language Processing Conference, Seattle, USA, 29 April- 4 May (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, S.B., Grisman, R.: Extracting relations with integrated information using kernel methods. In: Proc. Of ACL 2005, pp. 419–426 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.GuoDong., Z., Jian, S., Min, Z.: Modeling Commonality among Related Classes in Relation Extraction. In: Proc. Of ACL 2006, pp. 121–128 (2006)Google Scholar