Person and Vehicle Tracking in Surveillance Video
This evaluation for person and vehicle tracking in surveillance presented some new challenges. The dataset was large and very high-quality, but with difficult scene properties involving illumination changes, unusual lighting conditions, and complicated occlusion of objects.
Since this is a well-researched scenario , our submission was based primarily on our existing projects for automated object detection and tracking in surveillance. We also added several new features that are practical improvements for handling the difficulties of this dataset.
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Particle Swarm Optimization Surveillance Video Illumination Change Edge Pixel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yilmaz, A., Javed, O., Shah, M.: Object tracking: A survey. ACM Comput. Surv. (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Javed, O., Shafique, K., Shah, M.: A hierarchical approach to robust background subtraction using color and gradient information. In: IEEE Workshop on Motion and Video Computing, Orlando (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Sheikh, Y., Shah, M.: Bayesian modeling of dynamic scenes for object detection. PAMI (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Shafique, K., Shah, M.: A noniterative greedy algorithm for multiframe point correspondence. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.White, B., Shah, M.: Automatically tuning background subtraction parameters using particle swarm optimization. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo., Beijing, China (2007)Google Scholar