Visual and Textual Knowledge Representation in DESIRE
In this paper, graphical, conceptual graph-based representations for knowledge structures in the compositional development method DESIRE for knowledge-based and multi-agent systems are presented, together with a graphical editor based on the Constraint Graph environment. Moreover, a translator is described which translates these graphical representations to textual representations in DESIRE. The strength of the combined environment is a powerful – yet easy-to-use – framework to support the development of knowledge based and multi-agent systems. Finally, a mapping is presented from DESIRE, that is based on order sorted predicate logic, to Conceptual Graphs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abadi, M., Cardelli, L.: A Theory of Object. Springer, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Brazier, F.M.T., Dunin-Keplicz, B., Jennings, N.R., Treur, J.: Formal specification of Multi-Agent Systems: a real-world case. In: Lesser, V. (ed.) Proceedings of the First International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, ICMAS-1995, pp. 25–32. MIT Press, Cambridge (1995); Extended version in: Huhns, M., Singh, M. (eds.): International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems . Special issue on Formal Methods in Cooperative Information Systems: Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 6, pp. 67–94 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Brazier, F.M.T., Jonker, C.M., Treur, J.: Principles of Compositional Multi-Agent System Development. In: Cuena, J. (ed.) Proceedings of the IFIP World Computer Congress, WCC 1998, Conference on Information Technologies and Knowledge Systems, IT&KNOWS 1988 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Gamma, E., Helm, R., Johnson, R., Vlissides, J.: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Kremer, R.: Constraint Graphs: A Constraint Graphs Meta-Language, PhD Dissertation, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Moeller, J.U., Willems, M.: CG-DESIRE: Formal Specification Using Conceptual Graphs. In: Gaines, B.R., Musen, M.A. (eds.) Proceedings of the 9th Banff Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge-Based Systems Workshop KAW-1995, Calgary, pp. 25/1 – 25/20 (1995)Google Scholar