Process Algebra with Partial Choice
The objective of this paper is to bridge the gap between ACP and TCSP. To this end, ACP is extended with two non-deterministic choice operators in a setting of bisimulation semantics. With these operators, we can express safety properties of systems without the use of silent steps, and we can verify safety properties in a setting in which no assumption on fairness (or unfairness) has been made.
KeywordsBasic Term Process Algebra Choice Operator Outgoing Transition Dynamic Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BAB94]J.C.M. Baeten & J.A. Bergstra, On sequential composition, action prefixes and process prefix, to appear in Fac 6 (3), 1994.Google Scholar
- [BABS92]J.C.M. Baeten, J.A. Bergstra & S.A. Smolka, Axiomatizing probabilistic processes: Acp with generative probabilities, in Proc. Concur’92, Stony Brook (W.R. Cleaveland, ed.), Lncs 630, Springer Verlag 1992, pp. 472–485.Google Scholar
- [BAW90]J.C.M. Baeten & W.P. Weijland, Process algebra, Cambridge Tracts in Theoretical Computer Science 18, Cambridge University Press 1990.Google Scholar
- [BAZ82]J.W. DE Bakker & J.I. Zucker, Processes and the denotational semantics of concurrency, I & C 54, pp. 70–120.Google Scholar
- [BEK84]J.A. Bergstra & J.W. Klop, Process algebra for synchronous communication, Inf. & Control 60, pp. 109–137.Google Scholar
- [HAN91]H. Hansson, Time and probability in formal design of distributed systems, Ph.D. thesis, DoCS 91/27, Univ. of Uppsala 1991.Google Scholar
- [HAJ90]H. Hansson & B. Jonsson, A calculus for communicating systems with time and probabilities, in Proc. Rtss90, Orlando, Ieee Computer Society Press 1990.Google Scholar
- [HEN88]M. Hennessy, Algebraic theory of processes, Mit Press 1988.Google Scholar
- [HOA85]C.A.R. Hoare, Communicating sequential processes, Prentice Hall 1985.Google Scholar
- [JON93]B. Jonsson, Probabilistic processes, notes of a tutorial at Concur’93, Hildesheim 1993.Google Scholar
- [LAT88]K.G. Larsen & B. Thomsen, A modal process logic, in Proc. Lics’88, 1988.Google Scholar
- [MIL80]R. Milner, A calculus of communicating systems, Lncs92, Springer 1980.Google Scholar