Oriented atoms in a variable magnetic field
The author calculates the probability of non-adiabatic processes when an oriented atomic beam passes close to a point where the magnetic field vanishes.
KeywordsScientific Paper Magnetic Trap Variable Magnetic Field Angular Momentum Component Pulse Atom Laser
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (3).See, e.g., Whittaker and Watson, Modern Analysis, IV ed., p. 259.Google Scholar
- (1).E. Amaldi, op. cit. and the English translation Ettore Majorana, man and scientist in Strong and Weak Interactions, Present Problems, International School of Physics Ettore Majorana, Erice, June 19th–July 4th 1966, edited by Zichichi A. (Academic Press, New York and London) 1966.Google Scholar
- (4).L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics: Non-relativistic Theory (Nauka, Moscow) 1974; (Pergamon Press, Oxford) 1977.Google Scholar
- (7).C. Cohen-Tannoudji, lessons available online at http://www.phys.ens.fr/cours/college-de-france/Google Scholar
- (10).Courtesy of F. S. Cataliotti, Università di Catania (2006).Google Scholar
© Società Italiana di Fisica 2006