Towards the Quality Evaluation of Functional Aspects of Operative Web Applications
The development and maintenance approaches for web applications (WebApps) have often been ad hoc, lacking systematic strategies not only for development but also for quality assurance. One of our current concerns is as-sessing the quality of operative WebApps considering both functional and non-functional (F&NF) requirements. We claim that an operative web application should be assessed not only from the quality perspective of the nonfunctional requirements, but also from a functional viewpoint like informational and navigational architecture. In this paper, we specifically discuss how to deal with the functional side, i.e., the re-engineering and evaluation of conceptual models of a WebApp in the maintenance phase using the Web Function Points and Quality Evaluation Methodology (WebFP_QEM).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrahão, S., Olsina, L., Pastor, O.: A Methodology for Evaluating Quality and Functional Size of Operative WebApps. In: Proc. of 2nd International Workshop on Web Oriented Software Technology, ECOOP 2002 Workshops, Málaga, Spain, pp. 1–20 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Abrahão, S.M., Pastor, O., Olsina, L., Fons, J.J.: Un Método para Medir el Tamaño Funcional y Evaluar la Calidad de Sitios Web. In: Proc. of VI Jornadas de Ingeniería de Software y Base de Datos, Almagro, Spain, pp. 478–491 (2001) (in Spanish)Google Scholar
- 5.Cutter Consortium, Poor Project Management – Problem of E-Projects (October 2000), http://www.cutter.com/consortium/press/001019.html
- 6.Genero, M.: Defining and Validating Metrics for Conceptual Models. PhD. Thesis, Department of Informatics, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.IFPUG: Function Point Counting Practices Manual, Release 4.1, International Function Points Users Group – IFPUG, Mequon, Wisconsin, USA (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Nielsen, J.: Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity. New Riders Pub., Indianapolis (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Olsina, L., Rossi, G.: A Quantitative Method for Quality Evaluation of Web Sites and Applications. IEEE Multimedia 9(4) (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Pastor, O., Abrahão, S.M., Fons, J.J.: Object-Oriented Approach to Automate Web Applications Development. In: 2nd Int. Conference on Electronic Commerce and Web Technologies (EC-Web 2001), Munich, Germany, pp. 16–28. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Pastor, O., Abrahão, S.M., Molina, J.C., Torres, I.: A FPA-like Measure for Object- Oriented Systems from Conceptual Models. In: 11th International Workshop on Software Measurement (IWSM 2001), Montreal, Canada, pp. 51–69. Shaker Verlag, Aachen (2001)Google Scholar