Reconfigurable Systems in Education
This paper describes methods and tools that have been used for teaching disciplines dedicated to the design of reconfigurable digital systems. It demonstrates students’ projects, disseminates experience in the integration of different disciplines, and gives examples of stimulating student activity. A set of animated tutorials for students that are available on WebCT with a number of practical projects that cover a variety of topics in FPGA-based design can be seen as the most valuable contribution to the area considered.
KeywordsFinite State Machine Arithmetical Circuit Reconfigurable System VHDL Code Teaching Discipline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.SystemC. [Online], Available: http://www.systemc.org/
- 2.Handel-C, DK1, RC100. [Online], Available: http://www.celoxica.com/
- 3.ISE 5.2, Xilinx series FPGA. [Online], Available: http://www.xilinx.com/
- 4.Spartan-IIE Development Platform. [Online], Available: http://www.trenz-electronic.de
- 5.Alpha Data. [Online], Available: http://www.alpha-data.com
- 6.http://webct.ua.pt ”2 semester”, the discipline “Computação Reconfigurável”, public domain is indicated by the letter “i” enclosed in a circle. Login and password for access to the protected section can also be provided (via e- mails:email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7.EA KIT240-7, EA DIP204-4. Electronic Assembly, Available: http://www.lcd-module.de
- 8.Sklyarov, V., Skliarova, I., Almeida, P., Almeida, M.: High-Level Design Tools for FPGAbased Combinatorial Accelerators. In: Y. K. Cheung, P., Constantinides, G.A. (eds.) FPL 2003. LNCS, vol. 2778. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar