A Self-Organizing Channel Assignment Algorithm: A Cellular Learning Automata Approach
Introduction of micro-cellular networks offer a potential increase in capacity of cellular networks, but they create problems in management of the cellular networks. A solution to these problems is self-organizing channel assignment algorithm with distributed control. In this paper, we first introduce the model of cellular learning automata in which learning automata are used to adjust the state transition probabilities of cellular automata. Then a cellular learning automata based self-organizing channel assignment algorithm is introduced. The simulation results show that the micro-cellular network can self-organize by using simple channel assignment algorithm as the network operates.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Katzela, I., Naghshineh, M.: Channel Assignment Schemes for Cellular Mobile Telecommunication Systems: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE Personal Communications, 10–31 (June 1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Hale, W.K.: Frequence Assignment:Theory and Applications. In: Proceedings of IEEE, vol. 68, pp. 1497–1514 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.Narendra, K.S., Thathachar, K.S.: Learning Automata: An Introduction. Printice-Hall, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Meybodi, M.R., Beigy, H.: New Learning Automata Based Algorithms for Adaptation of Backpropagation Algorithm Parameters. International Journal of Neural Systems 12, 45–68 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Krishna, K.: Cellular Learning Automata: A Stochastic Model for Adaptive Controllers. Master’s thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institue of Science, Banglore, India (June 1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Meybodi, M.R., Beigy, H., Taherkhani, M.: Cellular Learning Automata and its Applications Accepted for Publication in Journal of SharifGoogle Scholar
- 12.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: Cellular Learning Automata Based Self-Organizing Channel Assignment Algorithms. Tech. Rep. TR-CE-2002-008, Computer Engineering Department, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2002)Google Scholar