An Extension of the Kolmogorov-Avrami Formula to Inhomogeneous Birth-and-Growth Processes
It has been shown by a substantial body of literature that the hazard function plays an important role in the derivation of evolution equations of volume and n-facet densities of Johnson-Mehl tessellations generated by germ-grain models associated with spatially homogeneous birth-and-growth processes.
KeywordsSurface Density Hazard Function Volume Density Austrian Academy Stochastic Geometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M. Burger, Growth fronts of .rst-order Hamilton-Jacobi equations. SFB Report 02–8, J. Kepler University, Linz (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Burger, V. Capasso, L. Pizzocchero, Mesoscale averaging of nucleation and growth models. SIAM J. Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, (2006). In press.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Capasso, A. Micheletti, Stochastic geometry of spatially structured birthand-growth processes. Application to crystallization processes. In Topics in Spatial Stochastic Processes (E. Merzbach, Ed.). Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1802 - CIME Subseries, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2002, 1–39.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Capasso, A. Micheletti, Stochastic geometry and related statistical problems in Biomedicine In “Complex Systems in Biomedicine” (A. Quarteroni et al, Eds.) Springer, Milano, 2006.Google Scholar
- 11.V. Capasso, E. Villa, On the evolution equations of mean geometric densities for a class of space and time inhomogeneous stochastic birth-and-growth processes In “Stochastic Geometry” (W. Weil, Editor) Lecture Notes in Mathematics - CIME subseries - Springer, Heidelberg, 2005.Google Scholar
- 13.V. Capasso, E. Villa, On the geometric densities of random closed sets, 2005. RICAM Report 13/2006, Linz, Austria.Google Scholar
- 15.W.A. Johnson, R.F. Mehl, Reaction kinetics in processes of nucleation and growth, Trans. A.I.M.M.E., 135 (1939), 416–458.Google Scholar
- 16.A.N. Kolmogorov, On the statistical theory of the crystallization of metals, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Math. Ser.,1 (1937), 355–359.Google Scholar
- 21.D. Stoyan, W.S. Kendall, J. Mecke, Stochastic Geometry and its Application, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 22.T. Ubukata, Computer modelling of microscopic features of molluscan shells. In Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation in Biological Systems (T. Sekimura etal. eds.), Springer-Verlag, Tokyo, 2003, 355–368.Google Scholar
- 23.V.S. Vladimirov, Generalized Functions in Mathematical Physics, Mir Publishers, Moscow, 1979.Google Scholar