Extraction of Implicit Resource Relationships in Multi-agent Systems
This paper discusses the storage and analysis of past hierarchical-planning results in order to identify implicit costs and resource relationships between activities in multi-agent contexts. We have previously proposed a plan-reuse framework in which plans are stored as templates after use and then reused to speed up planning activity in multi-agent systems. In this paper, we propose the mechanizm for learning, from templates that consist of used plans and data recorded during planning and execution, implicit relationships concerning resource usage by multiple agents. Here, implicit indicates that the relationships exist in the environments where agents are deployed but are not described in the domain models the agents have. The plan-reuse framework also provides guidance on which data the planner and executor should record and on when the learned rules should be applied. Finally, some examples show how this learning enables the creation of more appropriate solutions by agents.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Erol, K., Hendler, J., Nau, D.S.: HTN planning: Complexity and expressivity. In: Proc. of the AAAI 1994, vol. 2, pp. 1123–1128 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Georgeff, M.P., Lansky, A.L.: Procedural knowledge. In: Proc. of the IEEE Special Issue on Knowledge Representation, vol. 74, pp. 1383–1398 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Kambhampati, S.: Supporting flexible plan reuse. In: Minton, S. (ed.) Machine Learning Methods for Planning, pp. 397–434. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Prasad, M.N., Lesser, V.R.: The use of meta-level information in learning situation specific coordination. In: Proc. of the IJCAI 1997, pp. 640–646 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Sugawara, T.: Reusing past plans in distributed planning. In: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Multi- Agent Systems (ICMAS 1995), pp. 360–367 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to MultiAgent Systems. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar