Multi-threshold Guard Channel Policy for Next Generation Wireless Networks
- 88 Downloads
In this paper, we consider the call admission problem in next generation wireless networks, which must handles multi-media traffics. We give an algorithm, which finds the optimal number of guard channels, which minimizes the overall blocking probability calls with lowest level of QoS in a multi-cell cellular network subject to the hard constraint on the blocking probabilities of other calls.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: Uniform Fractional Guard Channel. In: Proceedings of Sixth World Multiconference on Systemmics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Orlando,USA (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Senouci, S.-M., Beylot, A.-L., Pujolle, G.: A Dynamic Q-Learning-Based Call Admission Control for Multimedia Cellular Networks. In: Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference in Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks, MWCN 2001, Recife, Brazil, August 2001, pp. 37–43 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Senouci, S.-M., Beylot, A.-L., Pujolle, G.: Call Admission Control for Multimedia Cellular Networks Using Neuro-Dynamic Programming. In: Gregori, E., Conti, M., Campbell, A.T., Omidyar, G., Zukerman, M. (eds.) NETWORKING 2002. LNCS, vol. 2345, p. 1208. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Yin, L., Li, B., Zhang, Z., Lin, Y.: Performance analysis of a dual-threshold reservation (DTR) scheme for voice/data integrated mobile wireless networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Confernce, WCNC 2000, September 2000, pp. 258–262 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: An Optimal Prioritized Channel Assignment Scheme for Using in Mobile Transaction Environments. In: Proceedings of 8th Annual International Computer Society of Iran Computer Conference CSICC-2003, Mashhad, Iran, Feburary 2003, pp. 66–74 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: An Optimal Channel Assignment Scheme. In: Proceedings of 3th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEE 2003, Shiraz, Iran, vol. 2, pp. 634–641 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: A General Call Admission Policy for Next Generation Wireless Networks. Accepted for Presentation and will be Appeared in Proceedings of the second International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST 2003), Isfahan, Iran (August 2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Beigy, H., Meybodi, M.R.: A General Call Admission Policy for Next Generation Wireless Networks. Tech. Rep. TR-CE-2003-003, Computer Engineering Department, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2003)Google Scholar