POLICE: A Novel Policy Framework
In this paper we present a complete policy-based framework, composed of a policy specification language and its deployment and management models for policy distribution. The Police policy language provides a common means of specifying every kind of policies that may be involved in management of distributed systems. It supports obligations and permissions. The Police policies contain event triggered action sets for policy-based management of distributed systems. Other key concepts of the framework include domains used to group objects, and distributed conflict handling.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Moffett, J.D.: Policy Hierarchies for Distributed Systems Management. IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Network Management 11(9) (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Yavatkar, R., Pendarakis, D., Guerin, R.: A Framework for Policy-based Admission Control. RFC 2753, Intel, IBM, U. of Pensylvania (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Dulay, N., Lupu, E., Sloman, M., Damianou, N.: A Policy Deployment Model for the Ponder Language. In: IEEE/IFIP International Symp. on Integrated Network Management (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Lobo, J., Bhatia, R., Naqvi, S.: A Policy Description Language. In: Proc. of AAAI, Orlando, Florida, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Hamada, T., Czezowski, P., Chujo, T.: Policy-based Management for Enterprise and Carrier IP Networking. FUJITSU Sci. Tech. J. 36(2), 128–139 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Verma, D.C.: Simplifying Network Administration Using Policy-Based Management. IEEE Network, Policy based management special issue, 34–39 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Sloman, M., Lupu, E.: Security and Management Policy Specification. IEEE Network, Policy based management special issue, 10–19 (March/April 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Damianou, N., Dulay, N., Lupu, E., Sloman, M.: Ponder: A Language for Specifying Security and Management Policies for Distributed Systems. Research Report DoC 2000/1, Imperial College of Sci. Tech. and Medicine, Department of Computing, London (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Sloman, M.: Policy Specification for Programmable Networks. In: First Int. Working Conf. Active Networks (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Wagner, T., Shapiro, J., et al.: Multi-Level Conflict in Multi-Agent Systems, In:Proc. of AAAI Workshop on Negotiation in Multi-Agent Systems (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Pham, V.A., Karmouch, A.: Mobile Software Agents: An overview. IEEE Communication Magazine, 26–37 (1998)Google Scholar