Constructing an Ontology Based on Hub Words
This paper suggests a semi-automatic ontology construction method based on hub words. To do this, we define the words that are related to many other words as hub words. We determine the hub words by the statistical analysis of documents. Additionally, we discuss the base ontology construction process based on hub words and automatic ontology extension method. The proposed ontology can be used like an index file for traditional document retrieval and can offer more semantic information than simple index files.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barabási, A.-L.: LINKED: The New Science of Networks (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Baeza-Yates, R., Robeiro-Neto, B.: Modern Information Retrieval. ACM Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Brickley, D., Guha, R.V.: Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema Specification 1.0 (2000), http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-rdf-schema-20000327/
- 4.Guarino, N.: Formal ontology and information systems. IOS Press, Amsterdam (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Kang, S.J., Lee, J.H.: Semi-Automatic Practical Ontology Construction by Using a Thesaurus, Computational Dictionaries, and Large Corpora. In: ACL 2001 Workshop on Human Language Technology and Knowledge Management, Toulouse, France (2001)Google Scholar