VideoDIMs as a Framework for Digital Immortality Applications
Digital Immortality applications require a type of believability that differs from that of interactive, conversational agents and other types of virtual humans. We are exploring the creation of digitally immortal, virtual humans whose primary visual interface is based only on original media assets of the persons being digitally immortalized. We describe a software framework that supports scripted, video creation techniques in which persons proactively assist in the process of preparing for digital immortalization as an interactive, known virtual human.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bell, G., Gray, J.: Digital Immortality, Technical Report MSR-TR-2000-101, Microsoft Research (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Gray, J.: Store everything online in a database, Microsoft Research, http://research.microsoft.com/~gray/talks/cern_2001.ppt
- 3.Kurzweil, R.: The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence. Penguin, USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Loyall, A.B.: Believable Agents: Building Interactive Personalities, CMU-CS-97-123, School of Computer Science, CS Department, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (May 1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Massaro, D.W.: Perceiving Talking Faces: From Speech Perception to a Behav-ioral Principle, MIT Press/Bradford Books Series in Cognitive Psychology (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Hooper, D.I.: Ananova, a face for the web, CNN.com, January 18 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Thalman, N.M.: From 2D Photographs to MPEG-4 Compatible Talking-Head, MI-RALab, U. of Geneva, http://miralabwww.unige.ch
- 9.Dick, P.K.: The Minority Report. Pantheon Books, New York (2002) ISBN 0375421874Google Scholar
- 10.Kinkade, T.: Grandfather.s Memories to his Grandchild. Thomas Nelson, Inc. (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Stack Resources, LLC: Your Story: A Guided Interview Through Your Personal & Family History, Gift to the Future 2000, Inc, 2nd edn. (1997) ISBN: 0963424947Google Scholar
- 12.Hampe, B.: Making Documentary Films and Reality Videos: A Practical Guide to Planning, Filming, and Editing Documentaries of Real Events, Owl Books (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.De Groot, D.: Maintaining Credible Dialogs in a VideoBot System with Special Audio Techniques. In: ICTAI 2001, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2001)Google Scholar