Structure and Formation of the Eggshell
KeywordsCalcium Carbonate Precipitation Palisade Layer Shell Gland Eggshell Membrane Shell Calcification
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hamilton RMG (1986) The microstructure of the hen's eggshell: a short review. Food microstruct 5:99–110.Google Scholar
- Leach RM (1982) Biochemistry of the organic matrix of the eggshell. Poult Sci 61:2040–2047.Google Scholar
- Murakami Y, Koga O (1991) Changes in inorganic phosphorus levels in shell gland fluid during the oviposition cycle and at progesterone and acetylcholine induced oviposition in the hen. Jpn Poult Sci 28:220–227.Google Scholar
- Nys Y, Hincke MT, Arias JL, Garcia-Ruiz JM, Solomon SE (1999) Avian eggshell mineralization. Poult Avian Biol Rev 10:143–166.Google Scholar
- Ogasawara T, Koga O, Nishiyama H (1974) Effect of a shell irritant on the secretion rate, calcium and inorganic levels of the shell gland fluid in the laying hen. Jpn J Zootech Sci 45:668–673.Google Scholar
- Tullet SG (1987) Egg shell formation and quality. In: Wells RG, Belyavin CG (eds) Egg quality: current problems and recent advances. Butterworth, London, pp 123–146.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007